1. Purpose. Yohana LLC (“Yohana” or the “Company”) values and respects the privacy of its applicants. This policy applies to the processing of personal information by Yohana relating to any individual that applies to work for Yohana and who is located in the United States (“applicants”). This policy describes (1) what information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it; (2) how we use that information; and (3) how applicants can access and update that information.
2. Types of Personal Information Collected. Yohana may collect the following categories of personal information about applicants during the application and recruitment process:
Contact information, such as name, home address, telephone number, and email address;
Job application materials, such as job application, resume, cover letter, previous work experience, education, transcripts, or other information an applicant provides in support of an application;
Information from interviews and phone-screenings;
Details of the type of employment the applicant is looking for, current and/or desired salary, and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, or other job preferences;
Any sensitive and/or demographic information such as gender, information about applicant’s citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information, and/or applicant’s racial or ethnic origin;
Information about an applicant’s from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to an application or potential future application (e.g., a LinkedIn profile);
Information related to any assessment an applicant takes as part of the interview screening process; and/or
Other information that an applicant may choose to share with us as part of the application and recruitment process.
Yohana collects the majority of the above information directly from applicants but may also collect information from other sources. For instance, during the recruitment process, Yohana may request information from applicants in order to review references and carry out screening and vetting processes using third-party providers. Information may also be collected from references, employment agencies and recruiters, social media job sites such as LinkedIn, and publicly available information.
3. How We Use Personal Information Collected. Yohana uses personal information for the purpose of carrying out its application and recruitment process, which includes:
Assessing applicants’ skills, qualifications, and interests against our career opportunities;
Communications with applicants about the recruitment process or their application, including informing applicants of potential career opportunities at Yohana;
Verifying applicants’ information and carrying out reference checks and/or background checks if applicant is offered a job;
Assisting applicants with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
Facilitating, evaluating, and improving Yohana’s hiring and recruitment process, including improving diversity recruitment practices;
Complying with legal and regulatory obligations, including government reporting and requests;
Protecting the rights and property of Yohana, our customers, applicants, candidates, employees, or the public as permitted or required by law.
4. Who May Have Access to Personal Information. Yohana may share applicants’ personal information with the following third parties:
Yohana’s affiliates, subsidiaries, or joint ventures in relation to the purposes described above. If an applicant was referred for a job at Yohana by a current Yohana employee, we may inform the employee about the progress of the applicant’s application as well as the outcome of the process.
Service providers acting on Yohana’s behalf to perform some of the services described above, including for purposes of the verification/background checks. The service providers may be located outside the applicant’s country or the country where the position applied for is located.
External third parties such as local labor authorities, regulatory bodies, and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
Other third parties with the applicant’s consent, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Yohana, our customers, applicants, candidates, employees, or the public as permitted by law.
Yohana takes appropriate steps to protect information about applicants that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
5. Retention of Personal Information. Yohana will retain applicants’ personal information for a period of time after the application, regardless of whether the application was successful, in case we face a legal challenge with respect to a recruitment decision, to consider the applicant for other current or future jobs at Yohana, and to help us better understand, analyze, and improve our application and recruitment process.
Applicants who do not want their information retained for consideration for other roles, or would like their information updated, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect Yohana from legal claims.
6. Applicants’ Privacy Rights. Applicants may have certain rights under applicable data protection law, including the right to request access or to update or review their personal information, request that it be deleted or anonymized, or object to or restrict Yohana using it for certain purposes.
Applicants who wish to exercise their right of access should contact email@example.com. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law.
7. Changes to this Policy. Yohana may revise this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this page. Applicants may contact Yohana with questions relating to this policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.