What Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we collect the following types of Personal Data about you to provide, protect, improve, and promote our Services:
- Account information. We collect information that you provide when you do things like sign up for an account, purchase a subscription, and set up two-factor authentication, such as your name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
- Information you voluntarily provide. You may voluntarily provide certain information to us when you use the Services. For instance, when you send to-do’s to your Yohana Specialist, you may provide information needed to execute on your to-do’s, such as your budget, preferences, names of friends of family, or relevant timelines, photos, or videos. You may also choose to enable certain settings or permissions on your device, such as access to the camera or photo library, to use certain features of the Services. You may also voluntarily provide information about yourself when you contact us for support or when you apply for a job with us.
- Information you allow others to provide us. If you direct us to reach out to third parties to help execute on a to-do, we may collect information about you from those third parties as well. For example, if you ask your Yohana Specialist to arrange to pick up an order you placed with a third party, we may collect information regarding your order details from that third party in the course of executing that to-do.
- Contact information. You may choose to share your contacts with us to make it easier for your Yohana Specialist to help you with your to-do’s – for example, send invites to birthday parties, send holiday cards, etc. If you do, we’ll store those contacts on our servers for you to use.
- Interactions with your Yohana Specialist. To better understand your personal goals, priorities, and preferences and help execute your to-do’s, we collect and record your interactions with your Yohana Specialist, including in-app chats, voice and video calls, SMS messages, as well as any photos, videos, or other media you share with your Yohana Specialist. If you direct your Yohana Specialist to reach out to others to help you execute on a to-do, we will collect and record those interactions as well. We’ll use this information to personalize our Services to your specific needs, including training our algorithms to allow us to execute on your to-do’s more efficiently.
- Product usage information. We collect information about the way you use our Services, such as actions you take in your account and the way you use our website and mobile app. We use this information to do things like diagnose and troubleshoot issues with our Services, as well identify ways to improve our Services.
- Device information. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access our Services. This includes things like IP addresses, operating system, the type of browser and device you use, language settings, and identifiers associated with your device.
- Location information. We may derive information about your location based on your IP address and use it to provide and protect our Services. For example, we use your location information to determine whether our Services are available in your area.
- Third Parties. We may also obtain information about you from third parties, including for instance: Corporate Affiliates (as defined below), joint marketing partners, lead providers, and fraud and risk mitigation vendors.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and personalize our Services. We use your Personal Data to provide and personalize our Services (i.e., to fulfill our contractual obligations to you). For example, we use your payment information to process your subscription payments, as well as any payments you make to third parties in connection with a to-do. We also use and analyze your information to tailor our Services to your specific needs, such as personalizing the content and features you see when using our Services, training our Yohana Specialists to better support you and other members, and developing our algorithms to help us execute on to-do’s more efficiently.
- To understand, troubleshoot, and fix issues with our Services. We may use your Personal Data – such as feedback you provide or bugs that you report to us – to identify and troubleshoot issues and make sure our Services are working properly.
- To evaluate and develop new features, technologies, and improvements to our Services. We use your Personal Data to better understand how you use our Services and to develop new features and technologies that we think might benefit you or other users. For example, we may use your Personal Data to conduct research into what features you and other members would like to see in our Services.
- To communicate with you. We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of our Services. For example, your Yohana Specialist may send you messages or other notifications about the status of your to-do’s. We may also contact you about changes to your account, such as confirmation of payment, upcoming subscription renewals, or cancellations.
- To promote our Services. We will occasionally send you news about features, upgrades, and promotional offers related to our Services that may be of interest to you. These communications may be by various methods, including email, in-product notifications, and push notifications. Please see the “Your preferences and privacy rights” section below to learn how to set or change your communications preference.
- To protect you, others, and our business. We use your Personal Data to protect you, others, and our business, including (a) detecting, investigating, and preventing spam, fraud, and other abusive behavior; (b) enforcing our Terms of Service and other policies; and (c) protecting our systems from malware and other security risks.
- To comply with our legal obligations and law enforcement requests. Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your Personal Data. For example, we may process your Personal Data to fulfill our contractual obligations with third parties; establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or respond to requests from law enforcement.
- To further our legitimate business purposes. We may also use your Personal Data to further our legitimate interests and business purposes, such as conducting business planning and analysis, auditing, reporting, and forecasting.
- To carry out your instructions. We may also use your personal data for other purposes to which you have consented.
Who We Share Your Data With
We may share your data with the following third parties to provide, protect, improve, and promote our Services:
- Yohana service providers. We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers working on behalf of Yohana to do things like provide customer support, IT services, and payment processing.
- Other users of the Services. If you choose to provide feedback about a Pro or Yohana Specialist, we may share your feedback with other Services users so that they can make more informed decisions about who they choose to work on their to-do’s. We may also share aggregated data about how you and other users have used the Services so that others can understand trends in user activity.
- Advertising partners. We work with advertising partners to deliver more relevant ads and promotional messages to you related to our Services, which may include interest-based advertising, contextual advertising, and generic advertising displayed on other websites or services. In doing so, we may process and share your Personal Data with our advertising partners to evaluate the effectiveness of our own advertising and deliver ads that are more relevant to your interests or preferences.
- Law enforcement and the public interest. We may disclose your data to third parties if we determine, at our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with a legal obligation under applicable law or respond to valid legal process or appropriate government request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Yohana, the Services, or other members; (d) protect Yohana’s rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- Corporate Affiliates of Yohana. Yohana shares infrastructure, systems, and technology with its Corporate Affiliates to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. “Corporate Affiliate” means a company or other business entity that is controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Yohana. We reserve the right to share your data with our Corporate Affiliates for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law and in accordance with their terms and policies.
- With your consent. There may be circumstances where we will share information about you with third parties at your request.
- With your employer. If you sign up for the Yohana Services as a benefit or perk through your employer, Yohana will share certain information about you with your employer, including your name, email address, when you activated your membership, as well as aggregated information about how you and other employees at your company use the Services. This allows your employer to understand how employees are utilizing the Yohana Services through an employer-sponsored or subsidized program. Note that we will not share with your employer information about specific to-do’s that you request through the Services, or information about your or your family’s preferences.
We may also use your Personal Data to generate de-identified and/or aggregated data, which we may use and share for any lawful purpose. For example, we may share your Personal Data on a de-identified or aggregated basis with Pros, Yohana business partners, and academic researchers so they can understand general trends about our Services and its users.
Retention And Deletion Of Your Data
We will retain your Personal Data until you request deletion. Please note that we may retain some information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud, assist in investigations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or pursue legitimate business purposes.
Transfer to Other Countries
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 and become aware that your child has provided Personal Data to us without your consent, you may review and request deletion of your child’s Personal Data by contacting Yohana LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a U.S. resident, and Yohana Japan Corporation at email@example.com if you are a resident in Japan. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete that Personal Data.
Your Preferences and Privacy Rights
You can control how you receive the following communications from us:
- Text messages - By providing your mobile phone number to request our Services, you consent to receiving transactional, informational, and account-related text messages from us and acknowledge that you are responsible for all messaging and data charges that may apply. You can opt out of receiving text messages from us by following the instructions in individual text messages or by contacting Yohana LLC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for U.S. residents or Yohana Japan Corporation at email@example.com for Japan residents.
- Interest-based advertising - You can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link to opt out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in these programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ad Settings page. Please note that if you choose to opt out, you may still see advertisements from us, but these ads will not be as relevant to you.
- Mobile device notifications - We may send you push notifications through our mobile app. You may opt out of receiving these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location-based information via our mobile app. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
You may also have a right to control your Personal Data and how it’s collected, used, and shared. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights:
- The right to access or know - the right to be informed of, and request access to, Personal Data we process about you.
- The right to rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your Personal Data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure - the right to request that we delete your Personal Data.
- The right to restrict processing - depending on the processing activity, you have a right to ask that we stop processing all or some of your Personal Data.
- The right to object - depending on the processing activity, you have a right to ask that we stop or limit processing your Personal Data.
- The right to take your data elsewhere - the right to request a copy of your Personal Data in electronic format and transmit it for use with another service provider.
- The right to withdraw your consent - the right to withdraw previously-given consent.
If you would like to exercise your rights over your Personal Data, please reach out to Yohana LLC a firstname.lastname@example.org if you reside in the U.S. and Yohana Japan Corporation at email@example.com if you reside in Japan. Note that we may require additional information to verify your identity and may deny your request if we’re unable to do so.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights and choices available to you, which you can learn about in our California Privacy Notice.
Third Party Websites and Services
Our Services may contain links to websites and services that are owned or operated by third parties. Yohana is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites and services. Any Personal Data you provide to these third-party websites and services is at your own risk.
We implement reasonable physical, technical, and organizational measures designed to help safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, unauthorized access, use, and modification. However, please note that no system is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%.